Life With Autism
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Do You Know With Autism?

4 posters

Go down

Who Do You Know With Autism? Empty Who Do You Know With Autism?

Post  Admin Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:36 am

My eldest son was diagnosed at the age of 3 and a half. They couldn't complete the cognitive test though as he had no speach at that time.
He didn't actually start talking till he started Kindergarton. Now, he is starting year 3 at a mainstream school.
I have found mainstream schooling to be extremely positive in his development, also, becoming a big brother to his twin brother and sister has had a incredibly amazing impact on him.
He has a teachers aid 4 out of 5 days at school.
I want him to be re-assessed this year, to see if they can complete the full diagnosis.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://lifewithautism.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Who Do You Know With Autism? Empty Re: Who Do You Know With Autism?

Post  mel2979 Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:04 am

Hi, I have 2 boys with autism (Joel 4 and Luke 3).
Both of them are still non verbal.
Joel will be starting school in feb 09, he's starting a year earlier in a special school, and Luke will be starting at Sylvanvale, doing their early intervention group which Joel done last year.
Hoping to see some improvments soon..........
Fingers crossed.

mel2979

Back to top Go down

Who Do You Know With Autism? Empty who do you know with autism

Post  jakemum Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:17 am

My son Jake will be 5 next month he has been diagnosed with PDD of the autistic type (in some ways I still dont really understand what that means) he was about 2 when I relised something wasnt right. He had started talking around 16-18mnths he wasnt putting sentences together but there were words coming out of his mouth, and I was estatic, then one day they just stopped, today he has about 5 words in his vocabablary which is very frustrating because I dont understand how he can be saying proper words one day and the next babbling like a baby which is what it is now. He is a loving child (he loves to give hugs) and most of the time he is happy for which I am grateful.

jakemum

Back to top Go down

Post  momof1 Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:32 pm

Hi, I have a 9 year old daughter who was diagnosed at the age of 7 1/2. She is very special as she has Aspberger's Syndrome. It is rarely common for a girl to be diagnosed with no other siblings to be diagnosed. She is very precious. She has the anxiety level of a 40 year old. Loves haunted things, loves to read, swimming is her passion and climbing is her passion. She gets angry very quickly and has some aggression challenges. Having said all that she is our "blonde hair, blue eyed, darlin". she is so funny and her vocab is amazing and sometimes we just look at her and go WOW!! She is in mainstsream and having some difficulties with that, stress level again very high. I am excited to be on here as I hope that I can find someone who will be more understanding and helpful as I learn more about all this. Thanks for the site...momof1 flower flower

momof1

Back to top Go down

Who Do You Know With Autism? Empty Hannah

Post  Chez Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:53 am

My daughter will be 17 this year, she is high functioning, but only in some areas. she is the middle child...........
I am having problems at present, as i think she has had enough of school....but there really is nothing available, programs etc,
until she is 18..... i have her on a list for social activities, and there are 2 ahead of her, so i am hoping in the coming months,
on a thursday afternoon, for a couple of hours, she will have something like this, as i think it would be excellent for her to get to
know other people and others with disabilities like herself.

Chez

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down